Knowledge – Produce Life-long Learners By:
- offering a comprehensive academic foundation from a biblical worldview for students at various ability levels.
- developing critical thinking skills in our students.
- equipping students to effectively apply acquired knowledge.
- preparing students for the ever-changing cultural challenges in our world.
Faith – Creating Disciples By:
- assisting students in developing a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- teaching students to articulate the biblical foundations of the faith.
- providing service opportunities that will impact others for Christ.
Character – Developing Strength, Humility and Integrity By:
- insisting on honor and integrity inside and outside the classroom.
- teaching students the importance of treating each person as a fellow image-bearer.
- developing an others-centered ethic of service in the home and community.
Objectives & Philosophy
Eastman First Baptist Church and Cornerstone Christian Academy hold that Christian education is a directive from God for the Christian family (Proverbs 22:6; Deuteronomy 6:6-9). We believe that the process of education should be designed to encourage holistic growth by increasing knowledge and faith as well as developing character. Students should be grounded in a biblical worldview, patriotism, citizenship, moral character and superior academic knowledge.
- To encourage children to think clearly, logically and independently.
- To achieve mastery in the tools of learning and communication.
- To lead children to a personal knowledge of Christ as Savior.
- To prepare children to serve God effectively throughout their lives.
- To prepare children to be responsible and productive citizens of our community and nation.